Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Jill Carroll's Story: Part II.



In Part 2 of her story, Jill Carroll writes about the US military being very near her location early in her captivity, being accused by her captors of somehow contacting the military about her location, about her day-to-day existence in captivity. She writes:


I was moved often. They provided me meals that Iraqis would think fit for guests, as well as small luxuries such as expensive toiletries.


View the neighborhood where Jill was held the first night of her captivity in our interactive map.

Yet I was a prisoner. My captors would unexpectedly explode with bitter accusations that I was a spy, or Jewish, or hiding a homing device. They'd boast about their exploits fighting - and once sharing a meal - with American soldiers while I was in captivity.

In response, my mood would veer wildly. One moment I'd be sure they were going to kill me. The next I'd think they were going to let me go, that it was only a matter of time.

Overall, I just wanted it to be over with, whatever "it" was going to be. I remember being in a hurry to get done with it from the moment it began.



Today:
Part II: Spy With A Homing Device

Previous:
Index
Introduction: 82 Days in Captivity
Part I: The Kidnapping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home