Thursday, July 13, 2006

UPDATE: Porco Murder Trial in New York



As I recently blogged about HERE, there are some fascinating legal issues raised in a New York murder trial of a man accused of murdering his father and leaving his mother disfigured*; his father was a New York appellate court clerk.

The trial is currently going on, and you can follow the progress at The Porco Trial Blog. The trial has been delayed on a couple of occasions already due to deaths in the families of Porco's defense team, and one of his attorneys has just undergone heart surgery. Last week the prosecution indicated that it could take as long as 5 weeks for the prosecution to get through its case.

Stay tuned, and I'll update when there's more of specific interest to discuss.

*...edited 8/16/06. I inadvertently originally typed here that he was accused of murdering "his parents" when he was actually only accused of murdering his father, while his mother survived the attack. In response to comments, I am editing the post for accuracy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your information pal. His mother survived the attack.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christopher Porco has been found guilty of the 2nd degree murder of his father and the attack on his mother that left her disfigured.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kierkegaard Lives said...

"anonymous" said:

Check your information pal. His mother survived the attack.


Dear anonymous,

Please accept my most sincere, humble, and deep apologies for the typographical error in this post. I'm sure you meant no offense with the tone of your comment or the rather flippant and uncalled for suggested to "check [my] information pal." I'm also sure you were thorough enough to click the link and read my earlier post on this story, wherein I had all of my information checked and accurate, and wherein I correctly noted that his father died and his mother miraculously survived. I was simply in a hurry when posting this and erred by noting that he was on trial for the murder of his "parents" rather than just his "father." If I have somehow offended you or inconvenienced your life by suggesting that he killed both of his parents when, apparently, he only brutally attacked and disfigured his mother, I again hope you will accept my apologies.

And thanks for reading, pal.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home