Thursday, December 15, 2005

I've Been Tagged. I Must Pass It On.

So. In the comments to this post, one of my early blog-quaintances, reader_iam, was gracious enough to "tag" me. Apparently I have no choice but to participate in this thing. I almost don't know what to say, as I didn't realize I had been noticed enough to warrant tagging. So I'll graciously accept the consequences and see what I can come up with here.

According to reader, here are the rules:


So, Rules:"The first player of this game starts with the topic 'five weird habits of yourself,' and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says 'You are tagged' (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours."


Five weird habits, huh? Let's see what I can come up with here.

1. The Closet Door. I cannot sleep unless the closet door is closed. I often have to get up in the dark and double-check this. It's not a fear thing, but more of a compulsion. I'm quite confident that nothing is coming out of the closet or anything, but if that door isn't closed I just can't seem to get to sleep.

2. Gym Bag Crackers. I'm pretty into sports. And whenever I go to the gym or go to play in a tournament of any kind, I have to make sure I have some saltine crackers in my gym bag. Yeah, that's not really weird. But I don't eat them. I just have to have them in the bag. They don't really "do" anything, but I'm superstitious about it.

3. The Coffee Cup. I drink a lot of coffee. But for me, it has to be in a real coffee cup. I don't like those paper drinking containers that you get at all the fashionable coffee places. So I have to carry a real coffee cup with me, and then I pour the coffee from the commercial container into the real coffee cup.

4. Iced Milk. I like my milk really really cold. So I like to put ice cubes in it. I don't know if this qualifies as "weird" but I've never seen anyone else do it. So I'll go out on a limb and guess that it might be a little strange.

(and just to add in an "extra" one, I'll add that sometimes I purposely disregard directions just to see if anybody will notice. I'm sure disregarding directions isn't, by itself, "weird" but, come on, doing it just to see if anyone notices has to be considered a little "strange" at least, right?)

Now the really hard part for me is going to be finding five more people to "tag." I'm pretty new to this blogging thing, so I don't really even "know" five other bloggers yet, especially if I can't use reader or pooh.

Let's see ....

1. Samuel Alito. How often do you get a chance to "tag" a future Supreme Court Justice?
2. Victoria. Just because she was kind enough to email me about an earlier post.
3. Cathy Young. Just because her blog should be read by anyone who has read this.

... and I'll have to come up with 2 more later. Like I said, I haven't really "met" many others yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

Reader_Iam tagged me as well, but I tried to prove mathematically that once the game has gone on too long it would be impossible to tag anyone else.

Oh, and Hi, don't think I've commented before here, I have been lurking from time to time though, nice site, I'd blog about the Cory Maye travesty, also, but once Instapundit is on top of something I can't imagine what I could add.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home